Search This Blog

Resetting the Rhythmbox music database

Months and months and months ago my Rhythmbox decided that it needed to duplicate its database. Every song was repeated. The result being if I put an album on, I got the bloody song played twice.

At the time I searched and searched and searched for a solution, and then I gave up. All I could find was the usual utter bollocks from people who have no idea what they're talking about. Warnings about how removing the music database will leave the whole application in an unusable state. What a load of crap. I gave up because I couldn't be arsed with this chew. Well, it's annoying me again.

Logically: a new user running Rhythmbox doesn't have a music database; it has to be created. Therefore I should be able to remove the database and a new one will be created.

Solution:

 $ mv ~/.local/share/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml ~/.local/share/rhythmbox/rhythmdb.xml.old

Easy!!!
















Predictably, the new database is half the size of the old one.


No comments :

Post a Comment

My profile on StackExchange